Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Is this the beginning or the middle?

It is certainly not the end


I have tried keeping up online journals and blogs before, but they have never ended well. The blogs are always neglected or forgotten and then, when I remembered that the stuff I had written at a certain point in my life about my life was still somewhere out there on the public web, I searched them out and...expunged them. They are no more (as far as I know, but there may still be traces of them lurking behind dark webs, waiting to spring out and frighten me when I least expect it). The diary entries from my teenage years were embarrassing (whose weren't?) and some of it was probably a little pretentious. The stuff from my college years were less embarrassing and contained many posts and photos from my study abroad trip, some of which would have been a nice addition to this blog, but unfortunately, those have also been deleted or somehow gone missing. Somewhere in between was an attempt at an online journal that was meant to be a writer's notebook, of sorts, but that was neglected since almost the very beginning of its existence and has been lost to time. And finally, there was an idea for a professional-type blog that never even left the ground.

And so, I am now trying again, with a new blog, which will also be a Writer's Notebook as well as a Journal of Musings about wondrous or terrible things, a Diary of One Person's Journey of professional change, and the Log of an Aspiring Writer's Struggles and Achievements. This is a tall order and it is a promise to myself. I hope I can keep it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment